Peanut Butter Balls or Bars
How to Make Peanut Butter Balls or Bars
- Bring butter or margarine to room temperature (soft).
- Mix butter with peanut butter and vanilla. I clean out my peanut butter jars and just use what I have, some crunchy some creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, mix well.
- Roll into balls and chill (or press into dish for bars)
melt chocolate chips on 50% power in microwave for about 1 min., add shortening or paraffin, and stir until smooth. Continue heating at 15 second intervals, stirring until all smooth.
- dip peanut butter balls into chocolate and remove with toothpick or spoon and cool on wax paper
- OR pour chocolate over peanut butter bars in dish to make coating, sprinkle with chopped peanuts if desired.