1/2 cbutter or margarine
3/4 cevaporated milk
11 ozvanilla or white chocolate chips
1 jar(s)marshmallow cream, 7 oz.
2 tsporange extract
·red and yellow food coloring, 4-5 drops each (optional)
FOR KEY LIME FUDGE: USE 2 TSP. LIME EXTRACT AND A FEW DROPS OF GREEN FOOD COLORING.
FOR LEMON FUDGE: USE 2 TSP. LEMON EXTRACT AND 4-5 DROPS OF YELLOW FOOD COLORING.
How to Make Orange Fudge
- Line a 9x9 pan with waxed paper (you can use an 8x8 pan for thicker fudge). Set aside.
- Combine butter, milk, and sugar in a heavy medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and add a candy thermometer, continue cooking until temperature reaches 234 degrees (soft ball stage). Remove from heat.
- Stir in white chips, and continue stirring until chips are completely melted and blended in.
- Add in marshmallow cream, orange extract, and food coloring (if desired). Stir until smooth.
- Spread into prepared pan. Let cool completely at room temperature or in refrigerator before removing from pan and cutting into squares.
- Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.