★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 lb
- powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- 5 dash(es)
- oil of peppermint
- food coloring as desired
How to Make Mints
- 1Cream butter.
- 2Work salt and sugar into butter, adding the cream as needed.
- 3Put in peppermint and coloring.
- 4Dough should be workable but fairly stiff.
- 5Add sugar to thicken or cream to thin.
- 6Roll on surface dusted with powdered sugar and cut with a tiny aspic cutter or run through a pastry tube.
- 7Store in a tin between layers of waxed paper. Makes about 200 mints the size of a quarter.