★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 Tbspbutter, room temperature
1 lbpowdered sugar
5 dash(es)oil of peppermint
·food coloring as desired
How to Make Mints
- Cream butter.
- Work salt and sugar into butter, adding the cream as needed.
- Put in peppermint and coloring.
- Dough should be workable but fairly stiff.
- Add sugar to thicken or cream to thin.
- Roll on surface dusted with powdered sugar and cut with a tiny aspic cutter or run through a pastry tube.
- Store in a tin between layers of waxed paper. Makes about 200 mints the size of a quarter.