Mama's Fool Proof Divinity
Diane Hopson Smith
Also, I've made this on a rainy day and unlike most divinity recipes, this one works!
I will only make this when my daughter helps me. You have to work fast when it firms up. Drop the candy fast on to wax paper.
FIRST SUGAR MIXTURE
SECOND SUGAR MIXTURE
1 ccorn syrup, light
3egg whites, stiffly beaten
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 cpecans, chopped
How to Make Mama's Fool Proof Divinity
- Cook first mixture until it spins a thread. (Just above softball stage)
- Pour hot mixture over stiffly beaten egg whites, beating constantly
- Cook second mixture to hard ball stage; slowly add to egg mixture, beating constantly.
- Continue beating until it holds a shape. Add nuts and vanilla. If too thick, add 1 Tablespoon of boiling water. Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper; swirl top. Work fast!
- Note: I find this a lot easier to make when you have help. My daughter helps me when I make this candy.