Louisiana Cream Fudge
1 clight corn syrup
1/4 cbutter, room temperature
1/2 call purpose flour
2 cpecans, chopped
1-2 Tbspbutter, softened for greasing pan
How to Make Louisiana Cream Fudge
- Butter a 13X9" baking pan. Set aside.
- Put sugar, corn syrup, and cream in a 3-qt saucepan; blend thoroughly.
- Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Put candy thermometer in place. Cook until mixture reaches 234 degrees F. (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool about 5 min. Blend in the 1/4 cup butter and beat until mixture begins to thicken, about 5 min. Blend in flour. Beat fudge until it is creamy and thick, about 15 min. Stir in chopped pecans. Turn fudge into buttered 13X9-inch pan.
- Cool completely. Next wrap in pan or cut fudge into squares and wrap individually in holiday paper before packing into decorative containers. YIELD: 2 3/4 lbs.