Lisa's Almond Roca
I tasted this crunchy butter toffee at a church function and knew I had to have the recipe, that was 4 years ago! Lisa was very hesitant to share it with me and now that I have it, I'm posting it here so I don't lose it - ever!!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 cup butter
·1 cup sugar
·3 tablespoons water
·1 teaspoon light corn syrup
·1 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
·1 cup milk chocolate chips
How to Make Lisa's Almond Roca
- In a heavy based saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the sugar, water and corn syrup, stirring continually.
- When sugar has dissolved and the mixture begins to boil, slowly raise the heat and cook until a candy thermometer reaches 290oF (soft crack stage). The mixture will be a light golden brown colour.
- Quickly stir in the half the almonds. Immediately pour the mixture on to an ungreased baking tray. Wait 3 - 5 minutes for the mixture to firm up and then sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Wait 2 - 3 minutes and using the back of a metal spoon, smooth out the melted chocolate. Top with the remaining almonds.
- Allow to cool completely. Using a bread and butter knife and a kitchen mallet, position the knife in the chocolate and gently hit the knife, shards of almond roca should appear. Continue until the entire tray has been made into desired pieces.
- To keep the almond roca - store in a cake tin/tupperware container that's DRY, out of the sunlight and in the cupboard - do NOT store in the fridge!!!