Layered Chocolate Caramel Candy
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) nestlÉ® toll house® milk chocolate morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup nestlÉ® toll house® butterscotch flavored morsels, divided
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup nestlÉ® carnation® evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) vanilla caramels
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
How to Make Layered Chocolate Caramel Candy
- 1LINE 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil with butter.
- 2FOR CHOCOLATE LAYER:
HEAT 1 cup milk chocolate morsels, 1/4 cup butterscotch morsels and 1/4 cup peanut butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Spread chocolate mixture over bottom of prepared baking pan; cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
- 3FOR MARSHMALLOW LAYER:
MELT butter in heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and evaporated milk; heat to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat until mixture comes just to a boil. Heat for 5 minutes (do not stir); remove from heat. Stir in marshmallow creme, 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir in peanuts. Carefully spoon marshmallow layer over chocolate layer; cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
- 4FOR CARAMEL LAYER:
HEAT caramels and cream in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread caramel mixture over marshmallow layer; cover. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes or until set.
- 5FOR TOPPING:
HEAT remaining morsels and remaining peanut butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth. Spread over caramel layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
USE foil to lift candy from baking pan; remove foil. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.