Peanut Butter Cups-homemade
This is the recipe I used for these pb-cups. Use artist brush to coat the candy paper molds.
- 1 c
- jif creamy peanut butter, more or less
- 1/2 c
- karo corn syrup, more or less
- melted block chocolate or disks from candy and cake decorating shop
- add a bit of chopped bacon or dried fruit to the peanut butter mixture for a tasty surprise!
How to Make Peanut Butter Cups-homemade
- 1Combine and whip with a big spoon the peanut butter and corn syrup until you have a nice smooth texture not too solid -adjusting pb and corn syrup accordingly- just creamy soft like thick syrup - so when you bite into the pb cup it is soft -not hard like the ones made with powdered sugar- that is too hard.
Using a teaspoon, spoon a little melted chocolate into the candy paper- using the brush- paint the chocolate up the sides of the paper evenly-not to thick or thin; set on plate and when plate is full put in refrigerator to firm up; about 10 minutes.
Remove from fridge and spoon in some of the pb mixture- then spoon chocolate on top to cover and enclose the pb. Return to fridge to set up.
These can be made with different color chocolate for different holidays. You can put little decoration on top if desired.
I hope you don't find this too complicated and that the directions are clear. It's hard to explain things when hand making candies and decorating cakes and such.