Kathy's New Orleans Style Pralines
How to Make Kathy's New Orleans Style Pralines
- 1Combine sugars and milk in a medium saucepan and heat on low, stirring constantly until sugars are dissolved. Once they are dissoved, then bring to a full boil.
- 2Lower heat and cook to 234 degrees and then remove pan from heat.
- 3Add butter and vanilla to mixture, do not stir.
- 4Cool to 200 degrees and add pecan halves.
- 5Beat by hand until creamy and candy holds its shape.
- 6Drop by large spoonfuls on waxed paper or a buttered surface.