How to Make Irish Cream Fudge
- Spread nuts evenly into bottom of buttered 8x11 inch pan.
- Butter the sides of a large stock pot. Combine sugar, milk, corn syrup, butter, honey and salt in pot over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Using a pastry brush dipped in hot water, wash down any crystals on sides of pan.
- Attach candy thermometer to pan and increase heat to medium and bring to boil. Do not stir while syrup is boiling. Cook until syrup reaches soft ball stage 234-240 degrees.
- Remove from heat and sit pot in two inches of cold water. Pour Baileys on top of syrup, but DO NOT STIR until syrup cools to 110. Then stir Baileys in.
- Add chocolate(can use white morsels if allergic)and beat on medium with electric mixer until thick and no longer glossy. Pour over nuts. Cool completely and cut into bite sized squares.