Intoxicating Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 8 oz
- high quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1-2 Tbsp
- baileys® chocolate cherry liquor, or any liquor you desire
- cocoa powder
- toasted nuts
- melted chocolate
- shaved chocolate
How to Make Intoxicating Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 9The mixing is unimportant part when making truffles; starting at the center of the bowl, gently whisk the chocolate and cream together. Keep the circle of movement small at first.
You will feel the ganache begin to emulsify, where the chocolate and cream come together as one homogenous mixture. It will start to feel heavier. As soon as this pudding-like mixture comes to the surface, slowly work your whisking circle out towards the edge of the bowl.
Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth and fully emulsified, like a thick pudding. The whisk will leave track marks in the surface at this point.
- 19To toast the pecans, preheat your oven 400 °F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet or jellyroll pan with parchment paper.Spread pecans in a single layer of nuts on sheet. Bake 4-6 minutes, or until golden and have become fragrant. Every few minutes, shake the sheet to mix the nuts, to help avoid dark or burnt spots.