Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 c
- creamy peanut butter (divided)
- 4 1/2 tsp
- butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- milk chocolate bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- colored sprinkles (optional)
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 1In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until smooth; set aside.
In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.