Holiday Peppermint Bark
We experimented with this recipe and now we can make our own.
This makes a great gift for the holidays.
How to Make Holiday Peppermint Bark
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside
- In a large microwave bowl, melt milk chocolate stiring every 1 minute until melted. Do not over cook.
- Spread milk chocolate with a spatula in the foil covered pan, the chocolate should be about 1/8" thick. Place in refrigerator to harden, about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, Pulse peppermint candy until it is in fine pieces. If you prefer, you can put them in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin. Make sure you don't over crush it into a fine powder. Pieces should be very small.
- Remove milk chocolate from refrigerator and then melt white almond bark in the same manner as you did the other chocolate.
- When white bark is melted, stir in crushed peppermints. Spread on top of dark chocolate, and return to refrigerator for 5 to 10 mintues until hard.
- Break into irregular pieces and store in an air tight container