Extra Easy and Delicious Fudge!
1 pkg(12 oz) hershey's chips or, (10 oz) pkg nestle's chips***
1 can(s)frosting (don't use whipped kind -it doesn't set as well)
USE ANY FLAVOR CHIPS AND FROSTING
How to Make Extra Easy and Delicious Fudge!
- Put the bag/package of chips in a glass bowl -don't pile them all to the middle -kind of spread them out. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Take out and stir well. DO NOT OVER-MICROWAVE CHIPS OR THEY WILL SCORCH. They will still hold their shape, but melt when you stir them.
- Then dump one whole can of frosting on top of the melted chips. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Take out and stir well.
- Pour/spoon into a 8"X8" or 9"X9" square pan. Refrigerate until chilled and set. Then cut into small pieces (Believe it or not, it is real rich.).
- HINT 1: Sometimes I put a capful of Vanilla Extract and a pinch of salt in it after everything has melted. I thought that it may give more of a home-made taste. I had a few nuts and broke them up in it too. But you do not have to do that, as the lady who initially told me about the fudge didn't use vanilla, salt or nuts -and it is delicious just using the chips and frosting!
- Hint 2: I lined the pan with aluminum foil and put it up the sides of the pan -and gave it a little squirt with Pam. If you have the Reynolds Release Aluminum Foil, that would be real good too. You don't have to line the pan with foil -but it just makes it easier to get out of the pan, since you just lift it out. I did put a little bit in a plastic container that I sprayed with Pam -and didn't line it with foil and it came out just fine. The first piece was a little tricky, however.
- ***It really doesn't make much difference if you use Hershey's or Nestle's chips (Nestle's just has 2 ounces less). BUT DO NOT USE A CHEAPER BRAND.
- HERE ARE SOME COMBINATIONS THAT YOU CAN MAKE -EXPERIMENT WITH YOUR OWN COMBINATIONS:
.Milk Chocolate Chips and Cream Cheese Frosting;
.Milk Chocolate Chips and German Chocolate (coconut and pecan) Frosting;
.Peanut Butter Chips and Choclate Frosting;
.Mint Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Frosting;
.Butterscotch Chips and Vanilla Frosting;
.Any Flavor Chips and Vanilla Frosting.