☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbwhite baking chocolate (divided into 8oz, 4oz, and 4oz portions)
4 ozcream cheese, softened
1/4 cupconfectioners' sugar
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1/4 tsprum extract
·ground nutmeg, for sprinkling on top (optional)
How to Make Eggnog Truffles
- Melt 8 ounces of the white chocolate as directed on package.
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, nutmeg and rum extract in a large bowl with electric mixer on Medium speed until smooth and thoroughly mixed. Add the 8-oz melted white chocolate, and continue beating with electric mixer until well blended. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Shape into 24 balls about 3/4-inch in size. Place on waxed paper-lined tray. Refrigerate until ready to dip.
(When ready to dip the Eggnog Truffles, it's best to work in two batches (working with 12 truffles at a time), as the chilled truffles can cause the melted chocolate to harden.)
- Melt 4 ounces of white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl on Medium for 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave oven, stirring after about 1 minute.
- Using a fork, dip 1 truffle at a time in the melted white chocolate. Place coated truffle on waxed paper-lined tray, and sprinkle a pinch of ground nutmeg on top of each truffle.
You might have to stir melted chocolate frequently to keep it smooth.
- Repeat Steps #4 and #5 with remaining 4 ounces of white chocolate and remaining 12 truffles. Refrigerate truffles for 1 hour or until white chocolate is set.
- Place truffles in an airtight container and keep in refrigerator for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for several months (be sure to separate layers with waxed paper).