Doris' Candied Pecans
I shared with a friend, and he now prepares these as Christmas gifts.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- 1 pound pecans
- egg whites
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon (can add more for taste)
- pinch of nutmeg
How to Make Doris' Candied Pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 275
- 2Beat the egg whites until fluffy and able to stand on their own.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and spices.
- 4Mix the pecans into the egg whites until completely covered.
- 5A handful at a time, put the pecans into the sugar, stir until completely covered, then place them on an ungreased cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Make sure they don’t touch as they will stick together!
- 6Bake the pecans in a 275 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- 7Remove the pan, turn all the pecans over, then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- 8Remove from the oven and cool completely before storing.
- 9These make a great Christmas gift and are very addictive! They can be stored up to 2 months in a covered container. I have never tried freezing them, as I usually eat them all over several days.