Cotton Candy Cones & Candy
I don't know what happened to that machine. We now have two home model ones that we use for picnics and parties, we enjoy ourselves and remember the innocent days...
This is a "HOW TO" make the paper cones at home, a fun family activity and also a recipe for the treat.
Play With Your Food! xo
- 1 - 100 sheet(s)
- (8-1/2 x 11) paper or card stock, any color
- 1 pkg
- clear tape (i use duct tape)
- scissor (to cut tape)
- 1 large
- bath towel (to cover table)
- colored, flavored, sugar
- cotton candy machine
- electric outlet
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE CONES:
How to Make Cotton Candy Cones & Candy
- 16You can buy pre made cotton candy sugar that is colored and flavored.
Add 1 to 2 Tablespoons of sugar into the center cook pan in machine. Turn machine on. Let cotton candy start forming inside the drum.
Get a cone, and start turning it and moving it around over the top of the machine. Add more sugar as needed.
- 17You can make your own colored and flavored cotton candy sugar by mixing sugar and flavored powdered drink mix together.
The color and flavor determines the color and flavor of your cotton candy...
*** You can also used hard candies that have been crushed with a hammer, this creates very unusual flavors... but I prefer using the sugars.
- 18While you are making the cotton candy, according to directions in booklet that comes with machine.... A secondary candy is formed.... A circle of "hard" candy forms around the inside edge of the drum of the machine. My grandchildren call it Hard Rock Candy... They love it...
But, you can put it back into the center where the sugar goes and it can be made into cotton candy again. I don't bother, because the kids go crazy for it... and some of them ask me to dip the hard candy into the cotton candy... so we make them happy! ox