Cin Made ''Cherry Mash''
The candy was easy to make and was sooooo yummmy.
My "1" pic of the candy is from when I made it in 2009, and featured as the main photo.
There have been others who added their photos on here (and that is great).
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine ( i use butter)
- 2 c
- granulated sugar (can be made with splenda)
- 2/3 c
- evaporated milk
- dash of salt
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 pkg
- (10 oz) cherry chips
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla
- 1 pkg
- (12 oz) chocolate chips
- 3/4 c
- peanut butter ( i use skippy-extra crunchy); ( i use a little more )
- 1 pkg
- (12 oz) crushed peanuts
How to Make Cin Made ''Cherry Mash''
- 1Combine butter or margarine, sugar, milk, salt and marshmallows in saucepan.
Bring to a boil then boil for 5 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and stir in cherry chips and vanilla.
* Pour into a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish and chill for 2 hours.
- 3In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Add peanut butter and crushed peanuts. Stir until well blended.
Spread evenly over the cherry layer. Chill until firm enough to cut into bite size pieces.
- 4* I line the 9 x 13 baking dish with aluminum foil (butter the foil) so that I could lift the candy out of pan when set, that way it would be easier to cut into squares.
- 5Lot and Lots of you have asked what is a "Cherry Chip"....yes, it's just like buying a bag of Chocolate, Butterscotch, Peanutbutter...etc. Chips.
I use Log House premium quality CHERRY flavored Baking Morsels.
There is a photo above by Karla showing the cherry chips in a bag...=;D
- 6NOTE: If you want your candy squares thick like this pic, then make it in a 8x9-inch pan (instead of a 9x13...you get more pieces using the larger pan, but the squares won't be as thick).
- 7and above is a pic of...the original 'CHERRY MASH' candy bar
- 8Kim's photo's above, without putting in the crushed NUTS...made a beautiful "fudge".
She also has a photo above when she remade it and put the nuts in...beautiful.
- 9and...WHEN I USE SPLENDA, to make this candy, I USE Hershey's Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips.
- 10ADDING A NOTE FROM CARY BOWERS:
For those of us that can't find the Cherry Chips in the local grocery store. Trust me I went to every one here in my area.
There is a way you can still make this awesome candy with out them.
I went to my local Walmart store in the isle with spices and extracts look for Watkins Cherry extract.
I used the white chocolate chips and then added four capfulls' of the extract and red food coloring if that is important to you. You can also add the flavoring to taste.
I will post a picture of it when I am done. The Cherry part is chilling now then on to the top ;) This has been a fave of my husband and I have loved this since we were kids. Glad I found a good recipe. Thank you
P.S. Cary did add her pictures...check out all the pictures and you will no only see mine but you will see all of the pictures of those who made this recipe and posted there photos!!!
P.S.S. Also, I want to thank Cary for all her work turning this recipe into one that anyone can make, no matter whether they can find the "cherry chips" or not!!!