Chocolate Toffee Graham Crackers
12graham crackers (4 3/4 by 2 1/2 inch)
1 1/2 stickbutter (unsalted) cut into pieces
1/2 clight brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips (9 1/2 oz)
1 cany type nut chopped. i use pecans.
How to Make Chocolate Toffee Graham Crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 15x10 baking pan with foil leaving a 2 inch overhang at each end.
- Line bottom of pan with graham crackers. Will be a very tight fit.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat, add brown sugar and salt. Cook, whisking entire time, until mixture is smooth and combined well. About 1 minute. DO NOT LET THIS MIXTURE BURN.
- Pour over crackers, spreading evenly and bake in the middle rack until golden brown and bubbly. About 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently scatter chocolate chips evenly over crackers and place back in over for another minute until chocolate is soft.
- Remove pan from oven and gently spread chocolate evenly over crackers with offset spatula.
- Sprinkle nuts evenly over chocolate and cool crackers on a rack for 30 minutes. Or if you prefer, you can freeze 10-15 minutes. If you choose to freeze this make sure you press the nuts into the chocolate so they stick.
- Carefully lift crackers from pan by grasping both ends of the foil, then peel foil from crackers. Break crackers into serving pieces and enjoy!