Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix
8 cchex cereal
3/4 cbrown sugar
3 Tbspcorn syrup
1/4 tspbaking soda
1-8 oz pkgreese's mini cups
1 cdry roasted peanuts
1 cmarshmallows, mini
1 cchocolate chips (milk or semi sweet)
1 cpeanut butter chips
2-4 Tbspheavy cream
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix
- Line a large cookie sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat in a large pot. Stir until combined and add the baking soda. It will foam up a little.
- Add cereal and stir until evenly coated. Pour mixture onto cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- In that same pan (less dishes=good thing) which is now empty, add 1 cup peanut butter chips and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. When melted, drizzle over mix. Repeat the same steps using the chocolate chips.
- Allow mixture to cool and break into pieces. Try not to eat the whole batch in one sitting!
- *you can substitute cereals in this also. One time I used 4 cups rice Chex and 4 cups Cocoa Puffs. You can also substitute different flavors of chips...white chocolate, butterscotch, etc. Use additional ingredients also such as pretzels, M & M's, or whatever is on hand