CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMELS BY SALLYE
The only downer to this recipe is that it needs constant attention while cooking, so no multi-tasking possible!
How to Make CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMELS BY SALLYE
- 1Generously butter a 9" square baking dish and set aside
- 2In a heavy saucepan (I use a cast iron skillet) melt butter over medium heat stirring constantly with wooden spoon
Add sugar and salt and stir until completely mixed
Add corn syrup
Continuing to stir, slowly add milk
STIR CONSTANTLY over medium heat until candy thermometer reaches 245º
- 3Remove from heat, add vanilla
Pour into greased pan and cool completely
- 4Once cooled, cut into squares using sharp knife or kitchen shears
Line cookie sheet or large serving platter with parchment or wax paper
Melt chocolate in double boiler according to package direction
Dip each piece of caramel into the chocolate and place on parchment paper
Allow to set completely before wrapping or serving.
- 5Makes a festive presentation if individually wrapped in colored plastic wrap.