Chocolate Cherry Fudge
1/3 cmaraschino cherries-finely chopped, well drained
3 2/3 cpowdered sugar
1/2 chershey's cocoa or hershey's special dark cocoa
1/4 cevaporated milk
1/3 cpecan pieces
1 tspalmond extract
·maraschino cherry halves , well drained (optional)
·slivered almonds (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Fudge
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil. Lightly press chopped cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until melted.
- Stir in powdered sugar, cocoa and evaporated milk until well blended. Microwave at HIGH 1-1/2 minutes; remove & stir vigorously.
- Microwave at HIGH an additional 30 seconds at a time, until mixture is hot, slightly thickened and smooth when stirred. Do NOT boil. Stir in chopped cherries, pecans and almond extract.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Cover; refrigerate until firm. Remove foil; cut into squares. Garnish with cherry halves and slivered almonds pressed lightly onto fudge, if desired. Serve cold; refrigerate leftover fudge. About 4 dozen pieces.