Chewy Salty Dry Sausage Pralines
- 1 1/4 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- corn syrup
- 1/2 c
- 1 pinch
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 24 slice
- thick slices dry italian sausage
How to Make Chewy Salty Dry Sausage Pralines
- 1Lay 2 sheets of foil out on 2 baking pans. Grease trays with butter (or spray with cooking oil).Set aside.
- 2In a large heavy bottom saucepan butter inside of pan(or spray).Place sugars, corn syrup and salt in saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stirring frequently, bring to a boil-stop stirring when it boil,let it cook until soft ball stage.( or 250^ on a candy thermometer).
- 3Remove from heat and add the butter, beat with a wooden spoon until completely incorporated. Add cream and beat until incorporated as well.
Return mixture back to medium heat- boil and cook until it again reaches 242^. Remove from heat and beat with a wooden spoon until thick and it has lost its gloss about 2 minutes.
- 4Working quickly, spoon 1 Tables spoon of hot mixture in 12 places on each of the prepared pans at 3-inches apart.Top each praline spot with a piece of sausage;then top each sausage piece with another spoon of the praline until all the sausage is used up. Sprinkle a little salt on top of each candy piece.
Alternate recipe replace dried sausage with cooked bacon or peanuts, walnuts, almonds or pecans.
- 5Cool at least 30 minutes. Wrap in waxed paper.
Keep praline mixture soft over warm water in a pan like a double boiler.Do not get water in praline.