Candy Cane Truffles
★★★★★ 1 vote5
12 ozbittersweet chocolate
1 cheavy cream
1/4 cwhipping cream
1/2 tsppepermint extract
12candy canes, crushed
How to Make Candy Cane Truffles
- Pour both types of cream, sugar and extract into a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil on low heat.
- Chop up the bittersweet chocolate and put into a bowl.
- Pour boiling cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Place bowl in the fridge for 2 3/4 - 3 hours to firm up.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out firm chocolate and roll into walnut size truffle. (it gets a little messy, but completely worth it!)
- Drop truffle into a bowl or container of crushed candy canes and completely cover. I usually shake the container to completely cover instead of rolling it with my fingers to avoid getting candy cane all over your fingers.
- Put completed truffles into an airtight container and place in the fridge or freezer to firm up.