Candy Cane Truffles
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 12 oz
- bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp
- pepermint extract
- candy canes, crushed
How to Make Candy Cane Truffles
- 1Pour both types of cream, sugar and extract into a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil on low heat.
- 2Chop up the bittersweet chocolate and put into a bowl.
- 3Pour boiling cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- 4Place bowl in the fridge for 2 3/4 - 3 hours to firm up.
- 5Using a teaspoon, scoop out firm chocolate and roll into walnut size truffle. (it gets a little messy, but completely worth it!)
- 6Drop truffle into a bowl or container of crushed candy canes and completely cover. I usually shake the container to completely cover instead of rolling it with my fingers to avoid getting candy cane all over your fingers.
- 7Put completed truffles into an airtight container and place in the fridge or freezer to firm up.