How to Make Butterscotch Chips
- Allow all ingredients to reach room temperature.
- Using a saucepan and wooden spoon, Melt the unsalted butter over low heat and then stir in the brown sugar.Stir until the mixture is creamy.
- Add Vanilla and salt.
- Slowly add heavy whipping Cream while continuing to stir.
- Pour butterscotch sauce over tempered unsweetened white chocolate and heat until the chocolate is melted completely.
- Drop the warm mixture onto waxed paper in small droplets to make the chips. Chill the chips and store them in an airtight container.
- TIPS AND WARNINGS: Make sure the unsweetened white chocolate is completely melted and blended with the butterscotch sauce;use unsweetened white chocolate only or you might not have the authentic butterscotch flavor you desire; do not overcook the sauce and stir constantly to avoid scortching it.