Butter Mints/revised easier recipe for some
Try the anise (licorice) one too use anise flavoring and green food coloring!
I hope this revised recipe will help all those that wanted an easier and quicker way to make these tasty mints....Please let me know if this is a help to your..
These are great for holiday gift giving..
- 1 lb
- powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 1/4 c
- butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- heavy cream or milk
- 1 tsp
- peppermint oil or extract or anise
- 3 to 5 dash(es)
- yellow food coloring or use your favorite color
How to Make Butter Mints/revised easier recipe for some
- 1In a large mixer bowl, beat butter until creamy. With mixer on low, beat in powdered sugar, cream and extract ntil creamy and smooth...add optional food coloring at this point and mixing until almost uniform(it won't completely mix) that's ok.
- 2Pour the mixture onto a lightly powdered sugar surface, knead until smooth and satiny. Cover the dough with a "slightly" damp towel to keep it from drying out.