How to Make Boston Creams
- Combine sugar, cream and corn syrup in a large pan. Cook to soft ball stage on a candy thermometer.
- Put 4 tablespoons butter on 2 large platters. Pour the candy onto the platters and let cool. While the candy is cooling, prepare a 9x13 pan by buttering the pan. Or you can line with foil and butter the foil. This makes for easier cutting of the candy once done.
- Add vanilla and beat until creamy and it has lost it's glossy appearance, pour into the prepared pan and let set up.
- Added nuts are optional.
- NOTE: If you don't have a thermometer, you can drop a small amount of candy into a bowl of ice water. If it makes a soft ball that flattens when removed from the ice water, it is done.
- There are more detailed instructions for candy in my "Mom's Fudge" recipe.