Baby Pacifier Shower Favors
Originally featured on "The Baby Story", this party favor has come in handy over the years when I used to cater! They can be used in so many ways, too! As favors and decorations on tables and plates, on top of cakes and cupcakes, necklace nametags, and even for playing the "Can't Say the Word" shower game where every guest is given an item, and they are instructed at the beginning of the shower that they can't say a certain word. Each time a guest says that word, that person must surrender their item to the person that caught them. The person with the most items at the end of the shower wins!
- 2-13 oz.
- bags of white individually wrapped lifesavers candies (wintergreen, peppermint, your choice)
- 2 dozen
- jelly belly jelly beans , about 1/2 cup, colors will vary, and depending on whether you know the sex of the baby or not, possibilities are endless!
- 6 oz.
- tube white cake icing , not the gel,that doesn't dry completely, with a thin attachment for application
- 24 lengths
- of thin curling ribbon , can coordinate with your jellybean colors if you'd like,length to your liking, long enough to fit around (approx. 24") or longer for necklaces
How to Make Baby Pacifier Shower Favors
- 1Unwrap all the Lifesavers. Take one Lifesaver and apply a thin layer of frosting around the inner hole. Grab a jellybean and place one of the short, ROUND ends in it, so the length of the jellybean is coming out of the hole. Flip the Lifesaver over.
On the other side, take the frosting and make a slightly thicker (yet still on the thin side) layer of frosting around the inner hole/center, and place another Lifesaver perpendicular attaching edge of 2nd Lifesaver to center of 1st Lifesaver with jellybean attached to it. Place on flat surface and allow to dry. After drying for 3-4 hours, thread curling ribbon through the hole of the 2nd Lifesaver and tie in a knot. So cute!! :D
(Photos by Dr. JenLeddy)
About Baby Pacifier Shower Favors
You May Also Like:
Show 8 Comments & Reviews