How to Make Almond Roca
- 1To toast almonds: spread in thin layer on baking sheet, bake 350* for approx. 6 minutes, flipping them every 2 minutes. After they are cool, chop 2/3 Cup of them in food processor.
- 2Melt butter in heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add sugar, stir. Stir in water and corn syrup.
- 3To help prevent crystalization, wipe a wetted paper towel around the inside of the saucepan, just above the butter mixture.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until candy thermometer reads 290*F. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and 1 1/3 cups almonds and stir gently.
- 5Pour onto greased 10x15 pan. Cool completely. (I also line the pan with greased parchment)
- 6Melt half of the chocolate in a double boiler. Spread over cooled candy. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the finely chopped almonds. Let it cool completely and cover with parchment.
- 7Flip the candy over. Melt remaining chocolate, spread over candy, sprinkle with remaining chopped almonds.
- 8Allow to cool and harden. Break into pieces.