☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 tspbaking power
1 tspvanilla extract
32 ozcandied cherries
32 ozcandied pineapple
3 1/5 cpecans
1 calmonds, blanched
How to Make White Fruitcake
- Cut cherries and pineapple into smaller pieces. Mix with pecans and almonds, set aside.
- Grease 3 loaf pans and line with greased parchment paper.
(if you wish, you can use the smaller loaf pans, in which case you will need 4)
- Cream butter, add sugar (cream well)
- Add slightly beaten eggs to butter/sugar mixture
- Combine flour and baking powder and add to butter/sugar/flour mixture, add vanilla to mixture.
- Pour the butter/sugar/flour mixture over the fruit/nut mixture, mix well. (I find that it is best to mix this by hand in a large roasting pan)
- Divide the mixture into the prepared loaf pans.
- Set a pan filled with 2 cups of hot water into the bottom of your oven. (refill as needed) Bake at 275 degrees for 2 to 2 3/4 hrs. Test with a toothpick, they are done when toothpick comes out clean. (if you are using the smaller loaf pans, start checking at the end of two hrs.
- After they are cool, soak the fruitcakes in white grape juice, bourbon, rum, or the liquor of your choice (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup per fruitcake). Store them in a plastic bag for at least two weeks to age. DO NOT wrap in aluminum foil if you soak in liquor as the liquor will attack the aluminum foil. If you wish, you may add additional liquid to soak the fruitcakes during aging.