Vintage Pistachio Cake
This recipe was a winner. I've made my Grandma's cake recipe for St. Patrick's day and Christmas, and I have taken it to work, and everyone loved it! This cake is very light and moist with a YUMMY flavor!!!!
- 1 box
- duncan hines white cake mix
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c
- salad oil
- 1 c
- club soda
- 1 (3 3/4) oz
- pistachio instant pudding
How to Make Vintage Pistachio Cake
- 1Mix everything in a bowl, beating 4 mins.
- 2Pour into greased tube pan no NOT flour pan!!
- 3Bake in preheated oven 350 F degrees 40 minutes. Freezes well!
I add 1 tsp. almond extract to batter.
I use a bunt pan, and bake 350 F degrees for 50 minutes. Let cool in the pan 15 minutes. Invert pan, cool cake completely.
Dust with confectioners sugar.
- 5For Frosting:
* Opts 1:
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
* Opts 2:
16 oz. container of Cool Whip mixed with 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
* You can change up and add other ingredients as you wish such as chocolate chips and cherries. I've also changed the cake and puddng mixes to make other flavors.
- 6* FYI!!!!!
Never use pudding with a cake mix that already has pudding in it. That's what makes it fail.
Duncan Hines, works every time!