Vanilla & Mocha Parfaits Mini's
This recipe is simple, easy, light, creamy and totally delicious!!!
We served them on New Year's Eve and everyone loved them!! My mom had a double portion (shhhh):-).
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!
- 6 slice
- 1 pkg
- vanilla pudding
- 1/3 c
- kahlua *or coffee liquor*
- 2 c
- cool whip, defrosted
- 3 Tbsp
- chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp
- slivered almonds toasted lightly
- 1/2 Tbsp
- mini milk chocolate chips
- 1- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp
- cocoa powder
- 2 tsp
- espresso powder, instant
How to Make Vanilla & Mocha Parfaits Mini's
- 1Slice off the required amounts of poundcake and cube small, place on a plate and set aside.
In a small bowl, prepare your vanilla pudding using the instructions on the package. Set aside.
Using a small saute pan, place on stove at medium high heat. Add your slivered almonds and toast for about 1-2 minutes till edges are lightly starting to toast. Turn off heat and set aside.
- 2Layering: Add your cubed cake cubes to the bottom of your parfait glasses. Drizzle with Kahlua, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Next add your vanilla pudding to almost to the top of each parfait glass. Set aside.
- 3In a bowl add your defrosted cool whip, sprinkle in the confectioner's sugar, the cocoa and the espresso powder. Mix till all thoroughly incorporated. Place in a pastry bag (if desired), or just spoon topping ontop of parfaits.
Place a mini chocolate chip in center of each parfaits. Decorate sides with slivered almonds standing on end.
When you serve this, whatch the smile of your guests, that is the best thank you, a cook can ever have!!!