Vanilla Latte Cupcakes
- egg whites
- 1 2/3 c
- cake flour or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 c
- 60% to 70% tub-style vegetable oil spread, chilled
- 3/4 c
- sugar or sugar substitute blend* equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 c
- fat-free milk
- 1 box
- vanilla latte frosting
How to Make Vanilla Latte Cupcakes
- 1Allow egg whites and butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line sixteen 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat vegetable oil spread and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 2 tablespoons at time, beating on medium speed until well mixed, scraping side of bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more. Gradually add egg whites, beating well. Beat in vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- 3Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in cups on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from cups; cool completely on a wire rack. Frost with Vanilla Latte Frosting. Makes 16 cupcakes.
- 4*SUGAR SUBSTITUTES: Choose Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar.
PER SERVING WITH SUGAR SUBSTITUTE: Same as above, except 184 cal., 28 g carb. Exchanges: the same Carb choices: 2
- 5Vanilla Latte Frosting: In a custard cup combine 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder or instant coffee crystals with 1 teaspoon warm water; stir in dissolve. In a medium bowl, beat 1/4 cup 60% to 70% tub-style vegetable oil spread, chilled, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in dissolved espresso powder. Gradually beat in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar** until very smooth. If needed, add enough fat-free milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to reach desired spreading consistency.
- 6** We do not recommend using a sugar substitute for the frosting.
- 7Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings: 16 cupcakes
Total Fat (g)7
Saturated Fat (g)2
Monounsaturated Fat (g)2
Polyunsaturated Fat (g)2
Total Sugar (g)21
Other Carbohydrates (d.e.)1