Upside down peach crumb cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 c+ 2 tablespoons of flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cunsalted butter, softened
2 cgranulated sugar
2 tsppure vanilla extract
2 cbuttermilk well shaken
1/4 cbrown sugar
1/2 cold fashion oats
5fresh peaches sliced
How to Make Upside down peach crumb cake
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the 1 cup of butter and sugar with an electric mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy
- Beat in the vanilla, then add the eggs one at a time.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and mix in the buttermilk until just combined.
- The mixture will look curdled. Using a sifter or fine-mesh strainer, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate medium bowl. Stir in 3 stages, inot the wet mixture until combined. Set aside.
- Place the 1/2 cup butter into a 9 X 13 inch baking pan and melt in the oven. Remove pan from the oven and stir in the brown sugar and oats.
- Spread evenly throughout the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the peach slices evenly across the pan on top of the sugar/oat glaze.
- Pour the cake mixture over top of the layered peaches. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Tap the pan several times on the counter top to rid any air bubbles. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and immediately invert onto a large serving plate. Allow to cool, then serve.