Ultra Chocolate Nut Torte
1 cdark chocolate chips
1 Tbspvanilla extract
6 largeeggs, separated
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/4 ceach dark chocolate chips and chopped nuts
How to Make Ultra Chocolate Nut Torte
- Heat oven to 350^. Grease a 9 inch spring-form pan;set aside.
- In a glass 2 cup measuring cup microwave the 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in increments until meted.
Whisk in the vanilla let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the salt and 2 Tablespoons of the sugar; add the cooled chocolate slowly and whisk to combine.
- With electric mixer, beat egg whites to soft peaks; gradually add remaining sugar and beat on high to stiff peaks. Whisk a small amount of the egg white into the chocolate mix ;then add that mixture into the remaining egg whites.
- Gently fold in the remaining chocolate chips and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake until toothpick in center comes out clean. Bake about 25-30 minutes. Cool on wire rack; then remove sides of pan. Dust with sifted powdered sugar.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Note: top of torte will be flaky.