I have made this cheesecake many times. There is something about it I love, maybe it's the creamy rich taste. No matter what, it is very good. I like to freeze my cheesecakes before serving. I just think they taste better. This is also good with the Peach Melba Topping.
- 1/4 c
- margarine or butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1 3/4 c
- 3 8 oz
- pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c
- realemon lemon juice from concentrate
- 3/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 10 oz
- pkg frozen raspberries, thawed and drained, reserve 2/3 c. juice
- 1/4 c
- red currant jelly
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 16 oz
- canned sliced peaches, drained
PEACH MELBA TOPPING INGREDIENTS
How to Make Traditional Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 300^ F.
Combine margarine or butter, crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar; Press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- 2In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs until smooth. On low speed, add Realemon and vanilla; mix well.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 1 hr and 5 to 10 minutes or until set.
Carefully loosen top of cheesecake from edge of pan with knife tip.
Cool to room temperature; chill.
Serve with Peach Melba Topping if desired.
- 3PEACH MELBA TOPPNG:
In small saucepan, combine reserved 2/3 c. syrup, 1/4 c. red currant jelly and 1 T. cornstarch. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and clear. Cool.
Stir in raspberries. Drain 16oz can peaches; top cake with peach slices and spoon sauce over top.
- 4Notes: I have used Aldi's brand of lemon juice concentrate in place of Realemon.
I have used the cheesecake filling for individual cheesecakes: Line a muffin pan with paper muffin liners, place a vanilla wafer in bottom of each liner flat side down. Spoon cheesecake filling into muffin liner about 2/3 full. Bake until set. Time will be considerbly less than above, for cheesecake. When cool, remove cheesecakes from muffin tin. Canned pie filling can be spooned into divit that will form once cheesecakes are cooled. These also freeze well, with the pie filling on the cheesecakes. Just make sure they are wrapped well before freezing.