2 3/8 ctoasted almonds ( 400 grams )
1 1/3 csugar ( 300 grams )
1 1/3 cbutter, softened ( 300 grams )
9 ozchocolate bar ( 250 grams )
1 Tbspvanilla extract
How to Make Torta caprese
- Chop almonds very fine in a blender with 200 grams of sugar
- Work with the electric whisk the butter with the remaining sugar until frothy and white.
- Add the ground almonds and vanilla. Keep mixing and add the egg yolks one at a time and then the melted chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees,
- Whip the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt and incorporate them with movements from the bottom up very carefully . Pour in a cake pan lined with grease proof paper
- Bake for 40/ 50 minutes, let cool and serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.