Toffee & Brown Sugar Pound Cake
1 1/2 cbutter, softened
2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cgranulated sugar
3 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
3/4 csweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 ctoffee bits
2 cchopped pecans
·caramel ice cream topping
How to Make Toffee & Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN. Start cake in COLD oven.
- Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with sweetened condensed milk and milk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat batter at low speed just until blended.
- Add vanilla, toffee pieces, and pecans. Stir with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Place pan in cold oven, set oven temp to 325.
- Bake 85-90 minutes or until long wooden pick inserted near middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- Serve as is or drizzle with caramel topping (I use Sea Salt Caramel Syrup by Sonoma Syrup Co).