Toffee & Brown Sugar pound cake
- 1 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- large eggs
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 c
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- toffee bits
- 2 c
- chopped pecans
- caramel ice cream topping
How to Make Toffee & Brown Sugar pound cake
- 1DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN. Start cake in COLD oven
- 2Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears.
- 3In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Add to butter mixture alternately with sweetened condensed milk and milk, beginning and ending with flour.
Beat batter at low speed just until blended.
Add vanilla, toffee pieces and pecans. Stir with a wooden spoon until blended.
- 4Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt pan.
Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- 5Place pan in cold oven, set oven temp to 325.
Bake 85-90 minutes or until long wooden pick inserted near middle of cake comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack 10-15 minutes.
Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
Serve as is or drizzle with Caramel topping (I use Sea Salt Caramel Syrup by Sonoma Syrup Co)