Toffee & Brown Sugar pound cake
1 1/2 cbutter, softened
2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cgranulated sugar
3 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
3/4 csweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 ctoffee bits
2 cchopped pecans
·caramel ice cream topping
How to Make Toffee & Brown Sugar pound cake
- DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN. Start cake in COLD oven
- Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Add to butter mixture alternately with sweetened condensed milk and milk, beginning and ending with flour.
Beat batter at low speed just until blended.
Add vanilla, toffee pieces and pecans. Stir with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt pan.
Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Place pan in cold oven, set oven temp to 325.
Bake 85-90 minutes or until long wooden pick inserted near middle of cake comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack 10-15 minutes.
Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
Serve as is or drizzle with Caramel topping (I use Sea Salt Caramel Syrup by Sonoma Syrup Co)