Tillie's White Sauce Frosting
How to Make Tillie's White Sauce Frosting
- In sauce pan: stir flour and milk. Cook till thick. Cool completely.
- Combine shortening and oleo well. Add sugar and cream mixture with hand mixer for 4 minutes.
- Add sugar combo to cooled white sauce mixture and add vanilla.
- BEAT!!! till sugar is dissolved completely. This will take a while, perhaps 5 minutes. I have never timed this. Taste and you will not feel any sugar grandules.
- This will freeze well. I make a double batch for a layer cake and a single batch for a 9x13 cake.
It is so light and smooth and so little sugar.