Texas Holiday Fruit Cake
This was in my Christmas card from my sister in law Carol McMillan that winters every year in Texas to se her kids.
I would like to share this with you now since the holidays are upon us.
PS the spell check went bonkers on this one.
1 cdried fruit, such as dried cranberries, or cherries. or finely chopped dried apricots, apples or pears
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 tsplemon juice
1 cbrown sugar
1 to 2 qtwhiskey
How to Make Texas Holiday Fruit Cake
- Before you start, sample the whiskey to check for qyality. Good isn't it? Now go ahead
- Select a large mixing bowl , neasurimg cups, etc. Check the wiskey again, as it must be just right. To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.....
- With an electic mixer beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
- Add one cup of thugar and beat again.
- Meanwhile make sure the wiskey is of the finest quality.
- Cry another tup. Open second quart if netathry.
- Add 2 large effs, 2 cups fried druit, and beat.
- If druit gets stuck in beaters, just pry loose with a drewscriver.
- Sample the wiskey again to check for tonscisiticy.(Carol by the way is a RN).
- next sift 2 cups of salt, or anything else, it really doesn't matter.
- Sample the viskey once again.
- Sift 1/2 pint of lemon juice, fold in chopped brown thugar,or whatever color you can find, and mix well.
- Grease roven and turn cake pan to 350 degreefs.
- Now pour the wnole mess in the roven and ake.
- Check the viskey one last tine and bo to ged.
- MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!