4 ozunsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 ccaster sugar (superfine sugar)
1 tspvanilla extract
3/4 cself rising flour
4 ozalmonds, slivered
1 Tbspcaster sugar
1 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Swiss Egg White Cake (Torta al Bianco d'Uovo)
- Preheat oven to 350F/ Butter a 10-inch springform cake pan.
- Beat egg whites until they start to hold peaks, then, while still beating, slowly add 1 cup of sugar, until mixture becomes shiny.
- Add vanilla and salt to melted butter. Fold in a little of the butter into the egg whites and then fold in some flour. Continue until all of the butter and flour have been added.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Combine almonds, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until cake springs bake a little when touched.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack. When cool, remove sides of pan and serve cake.