2 1/3 cups sugar
3 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups (cooked and cooled) mashed sweet potatoes
2 large eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the inside of the bread pans with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl on medium speed, beat the potatoes, eggs, oil, and water until smooth. Add the dry ingredients (from step #2) to the potato mixture. Mix until combined. Pour the batter equally into the bread pans and set aside.
4. To make the streusel topping, combine all of the streusel ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
5. Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over each bread.
6. The 3 x 5 breads take about 40 – 45 minutes to cook. (Test them in the center with a tooth pick and remove them when the tooth pick comes out clean.)
The 8 x 4 bread takes about 55 – 62 minutes to cook. (Be sure to test them with a tooth pick.)