Sweet Cheese Poundcake
We enjoy it best as a small loaf cake; it can also be made in an 8' round pan and then cut into wedges, so you can enjoy its deep rich flavor.
·2 cups flour, rice or wheat
·2 tsp baking powder
·1 cup queso fresco grated or (parmesan, cheddar, monterey jack, feta - grated)
·2 cups sugar, white
·4 eggs, lightly beaten
·3/4 cup milk
·1/4 cup thick sour cream or crema
·1 cup butter, melted
·2 tbsp sesame seeds
How to Make Sweet Cheese Poundcake
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease the loaf pans and set aside until needed.
- Next grab a medium size bowl and sift the flour and baking powder into it, reserving until needed.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together for 1 minute on medium speed.
Now add the milk, sour cream and cheese and mix for 1 minute.
- Next you will beat in the melted butter until well blended.
Now slowly stir in the reserved flour mixture and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pans and fill 3/4, then lastly sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the toothpick is clean.
Make sure to check it after 30 minutes; because pan sizes and oven temperature may vary and you don't want to over cook this lovely treat.
Set on racks to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- It should be lightly browned on top, not yellow. Like a cornmeal Johnny cake.