Susan's Butterscotch Brownies
How to Make Susan's Butterscotch Brownies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- 2In a microwaveable mixing bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the brown sugar until it is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- 3Beat in the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add these ingredients to the butter mixture. Then stir in the nuts or coconut.
- 4TIP: you can use both the nuts and coconut if you like, just use half the amount of each.
- 5Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool, then cut into bars.