Sugar Free Sour Cream Lemon Lime Bundt Cake
Rose Mary Mogan1
Adding the lemon lime Kool Aid changed the flavor and color of the cake, and the addition of the Pistachio pudding and sour cream kept it very moist. I also used milk instead of water to add more body to the cake.
- 1 box
- sugar free pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1 c
- unsweetened applesauce
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 2 pkg
- kool aid (lime flavored) dry
- 1 c
- evaporated milk
- 3 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 c
- canola or vegetable oil
- 2-3 medium
- kiwi fruit, peeled & sliced (optional)
- 1 qt
- fresh strawberries, washed quartered & hulled(optional)
- sugar free candies as garnish if desired (optional)
- 1 small
- box pistachio pudding & pie filling
How to Make Sugar Free Sour Cream Lemon Lime Bundt Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. This is the pan I used to make this cake, it is called the MARYANN BAKING PAN, it has a 10 cup capacity, and will hold this recipe. If you do not have a Maryann Pan, you can serve the fruit on the side. You can even use 2 Flan pans if you have them. I purchased this pan from Amazon.
- 7Bake in preheated 325 degrees F,. oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to sit in pan for at least 10 minutes till cake pulls away from sides of pan.
- 8Then invert onto a cake platter or cake board or cooling rack to cool completely before frosting cake. Can be served plain or with fresh fruit and no frosting, what ever you prefer. Can also add sugar free cool whip with the fresh fruit if desired. Please note to add fruit to cake shortly before ready to serve. I did not sweeten the fruit, because there was frosting on the cake. Frost as you desire.