SUGAR FREE Orange Blueberry Pound Cake
Rose Mary Mogan
I made most of the desserts from scratch. This was made from cake mix, but added extra ingredients to enhanced the flavors.
Those that tried it did like it. I added sour cream to make it moist & also added orange Juice & Orange Extract to bring out the flavor of the Blueberries.
Using Sugar Free Cake mix, makes this an easy & simple Sugar Free dessert. I used fresh blueberries & Sugar Free Chocolate covered raisins as a garnish for the cake, to make an impressive display on the pedestal cake stand.
- 1 box
- sugar free pillsbury vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- evaporated milk
- zest of 1 orange (optional) does add more flavor
- 2 tsp
- orange extract
- 1/2 c
- orange juice
- 1 1/2 c
- frozen blue berries
- 3 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- canola oil
- garnish with fresh blueberries and sugar free candy, or sugar free cool whip
- i also made a starburst lemon flower, would have used an orange had i had one, and filled in the center of the cake(optional)
How to Make SUGAR FREE Orange Blueberry Pound Cake
- 6Now switch from using the beater to a large spoon, and pick the berries out of the bowl leaving the excess flour behind. Gently stir to blend the berries into the cake batter. Adding the flour to the frozen berries, helps to evenly distribute them through out the cake, and not all settle to the bottom of the cake.