Sugar Free Lemon Zucchini Cake
1 serving = 4 WW smartpoints
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/4 cswerve granular or other granular sugar substitute that measures equal to regular sugar
6 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/3 cunsweetened almond milk
2 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspalmond extract
2 c - 4tbsself rising flour
1 1/2 cshredded zucchini, drained & squeezed dry
2 Tbsplemon zest, grated
How to Make Sugar Free Lemon Zucchini Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 and get a bread pan and line with parchment paper
- In a small bowl combine flour and cornstarch.
- Combine sugar substitute and oil.
Note: Swerve is an expensive brand! I actually prefer my local grocery store's version which is called Hy-Vee Delecta
- Add eggs and milk and whisk together.
- Stir in lemon juice and extract (you can use Vanilla if you're not an almond fan) until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and gently stir until incorporated.
- Fold in zucchini and lemon zest.
- Pour into your bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a knife stuck through the center comes out MOSTLY clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then carefully lift out and place on cooling rack to finish.
- You can add a glaze to the top once it's cooked HOWEVER there is no way to make it sugar free. I tried using Swerve Confectioner's sugar but it had that weird fake taste. If you want to add the glaze combine 1 cup of confectioners sugar with 1-3 tbsp of lemon juice. Go 1 tbsp at a time til it's the consistency you like and then drizzle on top.