Sugar Free Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 oz
- unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 c
- whipped cream
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter softened
- 4 Tbsp
- fine xylitol
- 1 tsp
- unsweetened coco powder
- 1 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- chocolate extract (or another kind if you like-optional)
How to Make Sugar Free Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
- 1Melt the chocolate. I just cut it up and melted it in a heat proof measuring cut in the microwave. It saves time and a mess in a pot.Add it to a bowl and cool it down.
- 2Whisk the whipped topping into the cooled chocolate using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed and then add the butter, xylitol, coco powder and extract(s). Beat until fluffy.
- 3The frosting should be watery at this point, so put it in the fridge and then use it to frost your goodies. I made a Gluten Free Chocolate cake and it was so good on that. Refrigerate the cake with the icing to keep it firm. When you are ready to eat let the cake sit out for a few minutes. The icing can be a bit dry when it's super cold.