Strawberry Oatmeal Yogurt Cake
- 2 c
- strawberries, hulled and coarsely diced
- 1 c
- instant oatmeal, ground
- 2 1/2 c
- bisquick, regular or heart healthy
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- sugar or splenda plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1/2 c
- vanilla or strawberry yogurt, low or non-fat
- 1/4 c
- milk, lowfat or whole
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- confectionery sugar, optional for dusting finished cake
How to Make Strawberry Oatmeal Yogurt Cake
- 1Place about half of the diced strawberries and three tablespoons sugar in a small saucepan. Heat on very low heat, stirring occasionally, until strawberries soften up well and reduces to a thick syrup. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2Combine oatmeal, bisquick and cornstartch in a bowl (If you are using Splenda, you can add to this dry mixture). Set aside.
- 3In mixing bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, sugar (If not using splenda), butter, and vanilla, mixing well after each addition
- 4Add dry ingredients to wet, about a cup full at a time, scraping down sides of bowl. Mix on medium until well combined.
- 5Gently fold in remaining strawberries and pour into 9 by 9 inch pan that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- 6Pour strawberry syrup over batter. If it is too thick, just swirl it a bit on the batter and it will loosen up.
- 7Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for approximately 45 to 50 minutes, until tester comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan then turn out onto wire rack to completely cool. Dust with confectionery sugar, if desired.