Strawberry - Mallow Cake Roll
This is one I will be making again very soon. I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did..
- eggs, seperated
- 2/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- ( 8 ounces each) spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 1 jar(s)
- ( 7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 c
- sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- chocolate syrup, optional
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling towel
How to Make Strawberry - Mallow Cake Roll
- 1Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Line a greased 15 in, x 10 in. x 1 in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside
- 2Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beat until thick and lemon - colored. Beat in vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
Fold a fourth of egg whites into batter; fold in remaining whites.
- 4Gently spoon into prepared pan. Bake at 375 for 10 - 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme. Unroll cake; spread cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges.
Top with 2 1/2 cups strawberries. Roll up again.
Place seam side down on platter. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Just before serving, garnish with remaining strawberries. Serve with chocolate syrup if desired.
This is so good...I can't wait to make it again..enjoy!