Strawberry - Mallow Cake Roll
This is one I will be making again very soon. I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did..
2/3 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
3/4 csugar, divided
1/2 tspvanilla extract
2( 8 ounces each) spreadable strawberry cream cheese
1 jar(s)( 7 ounces) marshmallow creme
3 csliced fresh strawberries, divided
·chocolate syrup, optional
·confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling towel
How to Make Strawberry - Mallow Cake Roll
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Line a greased 15 in, x 10 in. x 1 in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beat until thick and lemon - colored. Beat in vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
Fold a fourth of egg whites into batter; fold in remaining whites.
- Gently spoon into prepared pan. Bake at 375 for 10 - 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme. Unroll cake; spread cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges.
Top with 2 1/2 cups strawberries. Roll up again.
Place seam side down on platter. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Just before serving, garnish with remaining strawberries. Serve with chocolate syrup if desired.
This is so good...I can't wait to make it again..enjoy!